Temperamental Word documents

ZEGAR

I know my way around a word document by a trail and error method however today I was sending a letter composed through Word via email..When I opened the document from my desktop the layout was perfect .
Before I actually sent the mail I opened the document once more while it was attached to the e-mail and I noticed the the layout had gone a bit wonky !!!!!
I sent the document to my private elive account and when I opened through this it was fine ????? I presume it is just my outlook setting's..

I am worried that the recipient of the letter will recieve the "wonky" layout !!!!

Hi
If you checked the layout through "sent" mail and it looks ok then I'd imagine it would be fine. Word sometimes can play tricks. You could always ask recipient how it was or else send it to yourself.

Is it definitely word or is it wordpad, because the attached word docs format should not change. Never has in my years using it anyway. Are you saving doc, then attaching?

a letter composed through Word via email.

Which email application are you using?

Personally I never access applications through my email. I compose and save off line and then later attach the doc using the email.

My email application has a word (and excel) viewer which often renders the file differently.

aj

Do you mean that you sent an email that was composed in MS Outlook? If so, did you format it using the standard word tools available in MS Outlook?

If that's the case, it is likely that the layout will not be the same for all recipients as it is dependent on the end receiver having the same system set up as yourself

The other problem that can arise is if you compose a word document and with it open, you elect to send it to an email recipient. By selecting this option, a new email window opens. In my experience it is very hit and miss and you are unlikely to have the exact same layout as that which you have composed. I would always send a separate word document as an attachment in an email if I have cause to send a letter as suggested above.

ZEGAR said:
It means - turned or twisted toward one side
You mean the document was turned or twisted toward one side? Or you are trying to be smart? If you don't want to provide sufficient technical detail to aid people in assisting you with your problem then fair enough. Your loss. It never ceases to amaze me the number of people (here and elsewhere) who post partial or unclear descriptions of their IT/computer problems and expect others to be able to help them... "Temperamental" (sic.) and "wonky" are hardly terms that help diagnose the problem in this case.