Teleporter Hire

NiallBoher

Hello, I am trying to hire a teleporter for the weekend. But every hire company I approach will not let one out as my homebuild insurance will only over up to €10,000 worth of planthire. Has anyone esle come accross this problem or can anyone recomend a planthire company in the Limerick area that takes on the insurance themselves. Or even better someone who hires themselves and their teleporter for the day? Thanks Niall

I'm wondering if I'm the only dunce that thought a teleporter was the thingy that Jeff Goldblum created in The Fly... :eek:

They are probably afraid you will wind up in the 4th dimension, and not pay the bill:D

From Personal experience:-A friend of Mine hired one of these about a year ago,they offered to deliver it for around 40 Euro but he chose to collect it himself,while towing it home it flipped over on the road hit the car and mangled the teleporter.After much haggling with the Hire company they settled on compensation of 11.5K as it was not fixable and at this it was a favour to him.Never occurred to me that as the Hiree you are responsible for the full cost of any damage etc...I always assumed you're paying for insurance as well as the hire of the equipment.

You could also ask your insurer to increase the limit (sum insured) for hired in plant to accomodate this item. May not do it if it is a self build policy arrangement but it is worth checking.

Tried that Rico with no success, but managed to get a teleporter + driver sorted last night. A contractor with his own teleporter and time to spare on saturday.....salvation...

Back