Telephone Extensions

mrc

Hi,
Currently have 1 phone socket in the house and would like a couple of telephone extensions in the living room and bedroom.

Anyone recommendations of people who'll do this for me (wire and terminate) ?? Or has anyone done a similar job ?

I'm on the northside of Dublin.

Don't fancy paying top dollar for eircom to do it..... not sure they would though

Cheers

You can buy a device that transmits your phone signal through tour electricity sockets and by moving the reciever you can have a phone ext. in any room without wiring. Alternatively just buy a wireless phone with extra handsets.

Hi,
Currently have 1 phone socket in the house and would like a couple of telephone extensions in the living room and bedroom.

Anyone recommendations of people who'll do this for me (wire and terminate) ?? Or has anyone done a similar job ?

I'm on the northside of Dublin.

Don't fancy paying top dollar for eircom to do it..... not sure they would though

Cheers

Any electrician can do this. However, if it's just phone you need it's a lot simpler just to get a DECT phone - for example, see

Although we wired our house for phone extensions, we haven't used it for ages now since we did this. I think a pair of DECT phones (one base station, one charger for the 2nd phone and 2 phones) is less than €100 now. You can also get 4 phone setups. Probably cheaper than getting the wiring done, and definitely more convenient.

we have that arrangement on our office..... 1 base station, 2 nos. (1 phone + 1 fax). and 4 phones....... can use the two numbers simultaneously... dont know what the standing charges and usual bill is though....

Back