Telephone connecting advice!

Bluefish

Hi folks some advice is required!

I recently moved into a new house and got the phone connected through eircom, and subsequently have changed over to BT and taken on their Internet and land line charge for €40 monthly.

When I got the modem from BT I noticed that while the phone point downstairs works fine, the two phone points above are not connected!

Two questions:
Is it possible to connect these points yourself?
And if not who do you get to connect them up (Eircom, BT, or an electrician)?

Any help would be appreciated...

You could do it yourself if you know where the cables upstairs come from, probably the phone point downstairs.

An electrician could do it for you also

Thanks Con

I think they are all wired already just have to be connected at the cetral box outside I think! I was hoping somebody had undertaken the same task and could provide some pointers!

If they are in a box outside then have a look at the connection that is made already, there are two cables connected here. Strip back the upstairs cables and use the same colours that were used already and connect them all in together. If you have broadband then make sure you get filters for your upstairs sockets which I'm sure BT will sort you out with.

How is that package working out for you with BT, sounds good

Havnt connected the broadband yet (as I dont want a modem and wirless router in the hall), but when I get it sorted I will let you know. I am moving from Clearwire wireless 2mb, to the BT dsl 2mb and landline (all for €10 cheaper than Clearwire). Clearwire was extortionate for what you get, while being fine for purely surfing, if heavily downloading, VoIP, etc dont go there.

Back