Telephone Companies.... who IS the cheapest??? for Business

T

ThomasJ

Having been reading many of the posts here I see a lot of mentions of various companies, but can anyone pls tell me just who is the cheapest? I have a small business and I am currently with Eircom because they seem to just " work" if you know what i mean,
I call Hong Kong, UK and most of europe because I am importing so cost is an issue but most importantly I cannot sacrifice on quality as they are all business calls and any voice over the internet calls just simply will NOT do..
I am considering others but I need to know who can "really" save me money, surely others amoung us have used other providers???

Simple Question, Business customers save XXX with XXX

Thanks

Cheapest Telco

very hard to know who is the actually cheapest in the market... what I would suggest is call a few companies and get rates.... the company i use is zefone and as far as i know they provide businesses with a full detailed analysis showing you in % and monetary terms how much you could save.... their website is www.zefone.com... would be no harm to give them a call

Re: Cheapest Telco

Give Pure Telecom a bash - They are a Business oriented telco.

Euphony have a new b2b out and if its like their residential (€1o/month and calls free) which I have, its probably magic.

(advert removed)

that was free calls 24/7 for so i can ring free during the day as well local and national which is handy me being from the country
c

Calls

I dumped Euphony last year because their international calls rates are terrible. (although better than Eircon)

I moved to EurExcel (Vartec) who offer both excellent local/national (3c) & international rates (6c/8c). The rep's e-mail was (eurcomm at eircom.net)

Since then I've moved on to Telestunt as the rates are far better. I use them mainly for conference calls worldwide and can't say I've encountered any real quality issues.

Re : Calls

I'm with Vartec also... www.13636.ie

There quite good UK - 6c/min; Europe - mostly 8/min; Hong Kong 8c/min.... I think their calls to mobiles are on a par with eircom but you can do the comparisons yourself. Not sure if there the cheapest but they work for me...

Re: Calls

Get broadband into your office and give everyone a headset for their computer or a USB Phone.

Then download an application from the internet

www.skype.com

This application uses VoIP (Voice over IP).
You can make calls to another person with Skype installed on their computer for free or ring landlines/mobiles for next to nothing.

If you decide to get fixed landlines into your office, then you can use the following company (www.telestunt.ie) to reduce all your calls even further. e.g you can ring the USA at anytime for the prices of a local call.

Best of Luck

Re: Telephone Companies.... who IS the cheapest??? for Busin

Thanks for the help so far..

Upon looking at the responses, I have used vartec and euphony before and ended up believe it OR not paying more, as vartec is only good for international calls and euphony have a huge Minimum Call Charge.

Teleshunt uses VOIP and i am not interested in this as it doesn't have the voice quality I am looking for, < as previously Mentioned>

I have looked at zefone.com and they seem pretty good at first glance, has anyone else out there been using them, I am interested in the fact that they do an analysis on spend etc..

Any Comments???

Re: Telephone Companies.... who IS the cheapest??? for Busin

Check out buytel.ie
Calls to most of Europe, USA, Hong Kong are 4c (Incl VAT)
Peak/ 3c Off Peak.
No minimum charge...per MINUTE billing.
Local/National calls (Peak) 2.48c.
Mobile calls cheaper than Eircom.
No contract.
I use them...very satisfied.

these are from mar1st

Service Fee: €6.00 per CLI per month (excl. VAT)
600 free Peak local / national (combined) minutes per CLI per month
First 5 minutes of every local / national call is free
Overrun rate ( > 5 minutes for local and national Peak calls):
Peak:3.3 cpm; Off-peak:2.2 cpm; Weekend:1.2 cpm
Mobile**: Vodafone & O2: Peak 16.5 cpm; Off-peak:14.5 cpm; Weekend: 11.5cpm
International fixed-lines more competitive (all times of the day)
France:15.5 cpm; Germany:15.5 cpm; Netherlands:15.5 cpm
Belgium:15.5 cpm; Spain 20.5 cpm; UK:5.35 cpm; USA 8.25 cpm
25% eu2eu discount on calling another Euphony Ireland fixed-line customer
12.5 % eu2eu discount on calling another Euphony international fixed-line customer
10 % discount per bill on call spend over €1250.00 per month
Minimum call charge: 4.0 cpm to fixed-line (applies to non-free calls)
Direct debit is preferable; a €1.50 surcharge applies to all other payment methods
No minimum contract period
Calls to Northern Ireland and from Northern Ireland are nationally rated

C
supplied by my contact at euphonyireland@gmail.com

Re: these are from mar1st

By the way,
Buytel pay Eur10 for referring a friend.

Vartec

I have used vartec and euphony before and ended up believe it OR not paying more, as vartec is only good for international calls and euphony have a huge Minimum Call Charge.

EurExcel/Vartec are cheap for international calls 24/7. They are also cheaper for local/national call during peak times, which is okay for business use.

Note that EurExcel have a monthly service charge but no minimun call charge, unlike Vartec which don't have a monthly charge but do have a 15c minimum call charge.

Back