Telephone Calls & Text Messages From ESB

Wishes

These days I can only afford to pay my electricity bill weekly but make sure I do not carry on arrears to my next bill. I have become very cautious by not running up large bills, turn lights off, leave nothing on standby etc.

I've been getting regular text messages and telephone calls from ESB about paying my bill.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Are you saying You run arrears during the two month period because you pay weekly and not in one go but the balance is clear by the next bill? Have you talked to them? Sounds like you are doing everything right except explaining it. If you have explained what you are doing and they are still harassing you, then that is another story. You are paying your bills so don't be afraid to get tough with them.

if you havent made an arrangement with them in person there is no note on your a/c so even though you are paying each week you will still get reminders automatically as the bill is not cleared by the due date (on bill) and the system will send out reminders/texts etc.

I've been with ESB for 30 years and always paid my bill about 3 /4 weeks before the next bill is due. So the bill issued in early July was paid first week in August. Next bill will arrive 2nd September.

I know it hasn"t been paid by due date on bill but there was never a problem in the last 30 years !

They hounded me in July, by the last week I was getting daily calls which I let go the answer machine.

As the ESB bill is in my husbands name and the phone bill is in my name can I ask ESB to remove my telephone number from their database?

As the ESB bill is in my husbands name and the phone bill is in my name can I ask ESB to remove my telephone number from their database?
Yes, you can.
Go onto their website and email them from there.

Back