Telemarketeers begone!

coolaboola

How do I have my phone number removed from telemarters call lists? I seem to remember there was a way of having your phone number (and address, though by a separate process I think) removed from marketing call/delivery lists. Am fed up of having my evenings interupted by nuisance phone calls (and for that matter, I'm pretty fed up of filling my recycle bin with unwanted junk mail).

My own son recently started work with a company where he is required to call on peoples houses to sell a telecoms product, usually in the evenings. He is a good honest and decent kid that never gave me a days's trouble in his life. In the past I have had no time for people cold calling to my own home. However my attitude has now changed as I now see my own son in all these people who knock on my door. Let them down gently...

BOXtheFOX said:
Let them down gently...

I don't think anyone blames the actual callers BoxtheFox. But if you let them down gently the message won't get back to the powers that be and this problem will be around forever.

If everyone put them on hold they'd soon get the message. Of course not everyone will do this so it's probably worth their while.

I myself am being hassled every second day by Tele2 - and each time they promise they won't ring me back.

Must get onto that comreg list opt out thingy.