Teapot for induction hob

TreeTiger

Does anyone know where I could buy a teapot that works on an induction hob. I love the hob but cant get used to my tea not being brewed in a pot! Am in Dublin but prepared to drive a bit in aid of being able to have a decent cuppa

Why not just get a tea cosy?
I thought a tea cosy was simply to keep hot tea which has already been brewed? My routine was always to heat the teapot with boiling water, empty it, add in the tea with more boiling water on top and leave it on the hob at a temperature somewhere between low and medium for about 4 minutes. Have I been doing it the wrong way?

Anyway, the teabag in a mug thing isn't doing it for me, so I have been carrying a magnet with me to check in shops to see if a teapot will work on an induction hob, but haven't found one yet.

Its a flask used a lot of the time for catering purposes. The tea stays fine for far longer than a tea pot so there is no need for tea cosy etc.

There are some [broken link removed] on e-bay.

They used to sell them also in All Rooms store in Liffey Street if you are in Dublin or there is another one in the Square in Tallaght. If you were thinking of investing it might be better to give them a ring before heading in there.

There are better quality ones available from catering companies.

BTW completely agree with you about the tea bag act - just not good enough . Your receipe above seems perfect.

Does anyone know where I could buy a teapot that works on an induction hob. I love the hob but cant get used to my tea not being brewed in a pot! Am in Dublin but prepared to drive a bit in aid of being able to have a decent cuppa

What is an induction hob???

Thanks for that, I am behind with the times, I have an old fashioned turf range and my kettle is always on the boil to make that perfect cuppa every time.

Surely the hob is just to keep the tea warm while it brews rather than simmering it which sounds like a recipe for disaster (although the real disaster would be having to drink tea because there was no good coffee available )? As such a tea cosy does the trick by keeping the pot warm while the tea brews without any need for the hob at all.

I am no expert ;-) but I am with Clubman on this one - get a tea cosy. Tea that is left to simmer on a hob goes pure black and 'tarry' and is disgusting.

Thanks for that, I am behind with the times, I have an old fashioned turf range and my kettle is always on the boil to make that perfect cuppa every time.

I'm so jealous! That way you get the lovely smell of turf to accompany your cuppa AND you can make egg-in-a-cup to go with it.

(although the real disaster would be having to drink tea because there was no good coffee available )?
There's always good coffee in my house, ready to be made with either the Kitchen Aid double boiler espresso machine or the Nespresso, and I do enjoy a decent coffee on most days, but I think I have a slight tea addiction

I am no expert ;-) but I am with Clubman on this one - get a tea cosy. Tea that is left to simmer on a hob goes pure black and 'tarry' and is disgusting.
I think it's lovely if it's simmered for less than 5 minutes, will still drink it a while after that, would have a problem with it if stewed for over 20 minutes.

Your receipe above seems perfect.
So glad someone agrees with me then!

I think I might try asking Neff. They kindly gave us a set of pots for use on induction hobs when we bought our appliances, so maybe they know of somewhere that supplies a teapot. Will post back if I find out anything.

My Nana had a turf-burning range and made us the loveliest comfort food on it - egg-in-a-cup. You get a cup with a knob of butter, crack an egg in, bit of salt and pepper and pop it on the very edge of the range to cook gently. It doesn't taste the same made any other way!

I have never heard of it but I remember my mother used to make the most tasty griddle bread on it. I just wished that I paid more attention to her bakery skills when I was little

I have never heard of it but I remember my mother used to make the most tasty griddle bread on it. I just wished that I paid more attention to her bakery skills when I was little

You're making me hungry! I know what you mean. My Nana's soda bread was to die for, wish I'd learned to make that too but wouldn't be the same in a normal oven I reckon.

Yeah you right, I wouldn't think that this ultra modern eh 'induction hob' could compensate in any shape or form for the many fine qualities and uses of the good old fashioned range.

We have a le creseut whistling kettle. If thats what you are after they are available in Arnotts and work fine on an induction hob.