TDs' €2.3m in summer expenses- now we know why they dread the IMF

NOAH

If I was a German reading this article in the Indo I would not be best pleased. And if there ever was a need for evidence to prove our TD's are in it for the money and hang the rest of us this is it. It beggars belief they can have the bare faced cheek to bleed us dry.

Its all claimed when the dail is " NOT SITTING"!!

At least JP gave his viewpoint.

They are wasting millions while others suffer.

They should be ashamed.

noah

It beggars belief they can have the bare faced cheek to bleed us dry.
Why does it?

If you had a bottomless pit of money that you could help yourself to, wouldn't you too? Especially if you don't have to account for it (unvouched expenses), and no one seems to care?

Just want to add, I have serious 'TD rip off' fatigue.
I generally don't even bother reading these articles any more.

Thats the problem, come the election it will all have gone quiet. I for one dont agree with our DAIL voting themselves big salaries, big pensions, expenses for doing nothing, hence reason for no receipts. And they do absolutely nothing. I have yet to see a TD in my town.

Ask yourself, what company could survive if it had practises like the DAIL?

And what can we do about it nothing if we keep on ignoring it. It should be highlighted every day and eventually the penny will drop, either they get their act togerther or europe will come calling and I for one would relish that day.

NOAH

Our public representatives have helped ruin the economy.. The IMF might put our house in order. At least they will force the hard decisions and maybe reduce a 100 or so QUANGOS.

How about halving the amount of TD's too.. waste of space.

epenses while the dail is not sitting. If i dont go to my fas course i get docked the day and lose my 80c lunch allowance

The unusual thing is that threads generally have a poster or a few posters arguing.
We seem to have a general agreement here. Well, so far anyway.

Wait for the " its in the Indo,so dont believe it brigade..