taxis in Reus Airport with carseats?

kilbird

Can anyone tell me what is the best way of getting from Reus Airport to our resort in cambrils when travellign with kids?

We will be 4 adults, 2 babies (requiring car seats) and one child (still requiring a booster seat).

I have looked online at a few taxi websites and they are all saying car seats can be booked but will depend on "availability" on the day...

Now I have been in many a foreign taxi with many a crazy driver so I really wouldn't be comfortable not having the kids in the same kind of seats as they woudl be in at home? And don't fancy bringing them on the plane either?

Any suggestions?

Do you really want to have a car for you whole trip? A car to suit 7 will be quiet expensive.

There is a bus goes from the Airport to most of the resort (definately goes to Cambril Park) & you would be there in about 10 mins. Drops you right at the door. There is a very good bus & rail service so a car isn't essential.

It's worth heading into Reus some evening - it's a lovely town & the food is far nicer (and cheaper) than around Cambril.

If you are planning on doing the theme park, it's worth checking if Keith Prowse (Dublin) still do the 7 day pass for the price of a 2 day one. It's a great theme park & the shows are amazing.

buses run from the airport right to the camp site...

We were there last year (stayed in Sanguli next door) and booked a car for the 2 weeks. When you work out the cost of taxis to/from airport, up to Portaventura and all around the car was a lot easier and I think cheaper to have.

Going back again in June. We never bothered with Reus...plenty restaurants closer by and even the camp site restaurants were better than I expected.

When are you going?

Thanks for that.
Didn't realise there was a bus...that'll do fine.
Heading the end of May..Really looking forward to it...Only thing I have just realised is that the pools are not heated!!! We will have 3 kids - 3, 2 and 1 and half year old in our gang...will they be blue? Raging as was really looking forward to spending all day in the water and can't see them sticking it for too long if the water isn't heated?? Am I wrong? Anyone else go with small kids to a non heated pool and get on ok? Advice please...
Might buy wetsuits..

We went to Cambrils at Easter and the pool was cold, The kids played in it, but not for hours on end, Would be warmer by the end of May though. Mind you, heated pools are not normal in campsites, in my experience, maybe in Normandy where the weather is cooler, but you cant really expect one. Wetsuits would be a good idea.

The restaurants on site are very good and the supermarket is the best I have experienced on a camp site.
We went for 6 days and hired a car and hardly used it. In our case, taxis would have been cheaper.

It was a great place to visit and I would definitely go back.

thanks for the replies..
Do'nt think we will bother with a car...it'll make us chill out to be honest.
And think I will go for the wetsuits...just incase.
Cheers