Taxing imported vintage car for first time?

Plek Trum

Hi all,
quick question in the hope of a clear answer - I have been onto three seperate offices this morning and still no concrete information (!)

In brief - my Dad purchased a vintage car, UK reg. Has paid the VRT due and now wishes to tax the vehicle to get it on the road. He has not received any new log book since paying the VRT.

Does anyone know the actual form required to tax the car and the process?? I have been onto the local motor tax office - staff member there wasnt sure of the process. Also contacted the reg office in Shannon and they advised me to contact the local Motor Tax office again.. somewhat frustrating..

I know the forms are on http://www.environ.ie (www.environ.ie) but it seems unclear as to whether its RF200, RF101A, RF100 plus we have not been issued new log book to present for tax.

(Longwinded I know.. it could be a LOT longer I assure you, overcharged VRT, appeals process for refund etc etc). I have advised my Dad to keep his hobby confined to cars already registered in Ireland in future!

Many thanks

PS - I have emailed Dept. Transport in Shannoon too for clarification but have yet to receive a response either..

Answer received:
if taxing the vehicle online he needs to use the last 6 digits of the chassis number as the pin number.
or
The Rf100 form can be stamped at his local garda station declaring the vehicle off the road for November and then taxing from 1st December.
This application will have to be submitted to local motor tax office.

Thanks Mods -you can lock this thread if needs be.