Taxi/Bus from Red Cow to Newlands Cross?

nolo77

I was just wondering if someone can help me. Got a friend travelling to Dublin Zoo from Cork by train with 4 kids tomorrow. He can get Luas to Red Cow but needs to get to Bewleys Newlands Cross to stay overnight. He doesn't fancy walking along the Naas Rd with kids. Is there a taxi rank at Red Cow or would he end up calling a taxi from city. If it gets too complicated he will just travel up and down in the one day.

Re: Taxi/Bus from Red Cow to Newlands Cross??

It's safe enough to walk along Naas Road from Luas to Newland's. There is a path and cycle lanes. Besides, the traffic will probably be at a standstill anyway :)

Thanks for prompt reply. Can you tell me how long it would take to walk ? With 4 kids??

It would take about half an hour I'd say, definitely quicker than the traffic there!

Thanks Roxy. I think we'll forget it! We were hoping there might be a taxi rank close by the Luas stop. Never mind!

There's actually fields/farm with animals in them along the main road as you are walking up, they are behind gates but the kids would still be able to see in, might be nice for them to finish off the zoo outing, it's really not a bad walk honestly. And you would be going by Joels restuarant which are pretty good with kids if you wanted to stop and feed them!

Thank again but I don't think my friend is interested in walking!!!

According to Google Earth it's 1 mile - so more like 15mins walk .. along a busy road though - not ideal with 4 kids for sure !

I've never seen a taxi at the Red Cow Luas in the few times i've been there, though you'd probably flag one down on the main road quick enough

I don't think there are any Dublin Bus services on the Naas Road (I guess they take other routes to/from Clondakin - Nangor Road maybe?)

By the time you pay for 5 on the Luas it would probalby be not that much difference to get a taxi from Heuston anyway ?

Thanks DoctorK. 15 mins. doesn't sound too bad. I check Dublin Bus website too, no joy there. Anyway, maybe taxi is the way to go - it'll have to be a 7 seater though!

If memory serves me well there is a cab company next door to the Red Cow Hotel and not sure if it is people. With the roadworks tho on the Red Cow Roundabout some days you might spend more time in the traffic than it would take to walk to Newland's Cross.

Presumably they're arriving at Heuston? In which case they might be better off getting the Luas or bus to town and getting [broken link removed] to the hotel (as per their website)?

Back