Tax returns as a PAYE employee & a sole trader

A

AlexB

Hi,

I'm in permanent employment, but set up as a sole trader in 2009 in order to do a couple of legal nixers on the side. Time has finally come for me to fill out my tax return (Form 11E) and I've got a couple of queries that I'd really appreciate some advice on.

1) How to enter the PAYE and sole trader figures? Should I put the income from the nixers (~20k) in the "Primary Trade" column and then fill out my PAYE income in the "Income from Irish Employments" section?

2) I'm a little bit unsure about some of the figures, so I was considering going to an accountant for some advice. At least for the first year. Could anyone give an indication of how much I'd be paying for this? Basically, just need someone to guide me through the 11E form so I can do it myself the following year.

Cheers

Where are you based? -- Somebody should be able to PM you a recomendation

Yea, a recommendation would be much appreciated and if possible some idea of what I should be paying. I'm based in North dublin (Dublin 13) but I work in city centre (around Grafton St.), so either location is good Cheers

Back