Tax on 50k salary - paid 4 weekly. Payslip attached.

vicky7833

Hi,

Can someone please review my payslip and see if the deductions and net pay look correct?
I was on 48k up until April pay. Now 50k. Always paid 4-weekly.

Single, 31 years. No pension or health insurance at the moment. No children.

Monthly payslip reads like this: (I can't paste images)

Total Pay: 3,846.15
Gross Pay for PAYE: 3,846.15

PAYE 738.50
USC 148.28
EMPLOYEE PRSI 153.85
Employers Pension 0
Total Deductions 1,040.63

Net pay: EUR 2805.52

Gross Earnings: 42,702.30
Taxable Pay: 42,702.30
Cut Off: 29,869.23
Tax Credit: 2,825.65
USC: 1,662.65
Employee PRSI: 1,708.11
Employer PRSI: 4,718.61

Pre Tax Deductions: 0
LPT: 0
Tax: 8,281.42
PRSI Weeks-to-date: 44

Thanks

According to the taxcalc you should get 2030 per four weeks. You USC looks a bit high as I divided the annual by 13 and I get 119.84

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes every where I have checked it should work out at 2830 but I always get paid 2805. It's only 25euro difference but every little helps. Can't work out why I get 25 extra deducted

Think it’s the USC. Seems higher than it should be. Think there was a reduction in 2020, maybe they’re going by 2019 rates?

Is there any reason they lowered your tax credits so as to collect a deficit last year ?

No I don’t believe there was ever a deficit, do you mean as I owed tax and to get it back? I’m really clueless about tax only I know I have never owed tax and always have had those 12A forms completed. Who is it that I contact about this? Is it my employer or is revenue? Or do I just leave it?

Wait until January or February and then use the MyAccount to request a balancing statement formerly known as P21. Keep checking you payslips though as they may correct this error on the last one when they see the annual figures don't match.

Here's what my spreadsheet is showing- as noted, there's a €25 discrepancy between your actual net and the calculated net:

zzKpyjy.png

Your payroll department might be able to help.

Here's what my spreadsheet is showing- as noted, there's a €25 discrepancy between your actual net and the calculated net:

zzKpyjy.png

Your payroll department might be able to help.

Thanks for working this out. I keep getting this figure everytime it comes up on any pay calculator also.

Is it cheeky of me to ask payroll why there's €25 less than expected every month? What do you think it could be?

Is it cheeky of me to ask payroll why there's €25 less than expected every month? What do you think it could be?
Not cheeky. Tell payroll that you think that your USC should closer to €120 per four weeks than the €148 you are paying. Ask them to check.

Last edited:
BTW, if you are self confessed "clueless" about tax, maybe check if you are missing out on claiming rebates.

Medical bills in particular and possibly other expenses depending on your profession.

You can go back 4 years too.

Back