Tax disk on a moped

hansov

Just purchased my first ever set of motorised two-wheels after years of sitting for hours in traffic. Great so far given that I haven't yet got a drenching!!! Have the 50cc machine taxed and insured. What do I do with the disks, or should I say where do I put them? Or do people put disks on bikes anymore?

Paste it onto the front of your helmet above your visor!

Don't think I could go down this route, wouldn't feel safe enough with maniacs like me driving around!

Good luck!

LOL - I could just imagine it - the taxdisk that is, not the maniac! Yeah they are out there and if the lady who ran a red on Mount St bridge this morning with me waiting to go right is reading this, she can claim to be the Maniac of the Day!

You're supposed to 'display' the tax disk on the bike (though apparently they get nicked alot), and carry the insurance disk on your person. I carry both with my driving license, which you must also carry.

[broken link removed]

You can also get bike tax disc holders.

Take a look at this old boards thread: [broken link removed]

Also, always wear a strong pair of gloves

( or at least always wear them until you learn how to fall off without putting your hands out to break your fall )

Olddog

( tired old ex biker )

agree - just keep the tax/insurance cert with your license. if it's your first time biking there's lots of good advice over on www.biker.ie

please, please spend some money on gear - at the very least, gloves, boots and fluorescent jacket/bib - then add a jacket/pants when you can - it doesn't matter if it's a 50cc or 1200cc - you will hit the ground equally as hard at 40mph on both! i have a pair of shredded leather/kevlar gloves at home as a reminder of what a 30mph spill can do to you.
somewhere like Cotter Motorcycles do great deals on gear.

interested in getting a moped to beat the traffic does anyone know how much insurance is likley to be on a 50cc

220 for me with AON for a 49cc. I use my full car licence which covers 50 cc mopeds.