Tax Advice/Accountant for Sole Trader

S

SerenaB

I have just set up as a sole trader - will have a home office but will spend most of my time on the road. I'm looking for some tax advice, even though I know I wont need to file returns until next year. I am anxious to be up to date with tax from the start and would like to keep money aside for this. I'm also anxious to make the most of any tax benefits that i can - and ensure that I make the proper deductions. I live in the Dublin 15 area, I dont want to just pick someone out of the phonebook - so does anyone have any advice as to how i could make a decision on this?

You should ask friends, family & colleagues for recommendations - far safer than phonebooks or directories.

Unfortunately - I dont have any of the above who have used an accountant in recent years. Hence my wider search....

Before going much further with this I trust the decision to go sole trader rather than a Ltd company was taken under professional advice and not on an uneducated, hurried whim.

The topic , pros and cons, are debated widely on the web

I would very strongly advise that you consider this point first and then get signed up yourself for ROS [and CRO if you need to]

Its not hard and you could be spending lots of money unnecessarily.

I would agree 100% re getting someone through word of mouth, names posted on an anonymous forum are just like the phone book