Tarragona, Spain

jsn

Has anyone ever been to Tarragona, Spain. It is South of Barcelona.
Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

was there about 5 years ago on a day visit,nice small spanish city.was staying in la pinena about 10 miles south which is on the outskirts of salou.salou is your usual concrete resort full with cheap holiday package buyers.tarragona didnt seem to have any of this.

I was there a few years ago. It is a lovely town with a really nice Roman amphitheatre which hosts concerts. Impressive Cathedral which would be worth a visit and a nice area of the main street, with the famous human pyramid sculpture, restaurants and bars. Salou is a short bus ride away and I would stay there if off season - LA Pineda is closest, then Salou, then Cambrils (which is quieter still).

Tarragona is really a business town. We were staying the week in salou and got bus into Tarragona on the day the market was held there. The market ran the whole lenght of the long street. It has a large shopping centre (which we did not visit but we seen it from the bus). It is a beautiful town to walk around-lovely walls to the sea and pretty little park in the middle of a large roundabout. Couldn't imagine spending more than a day there, same as Cambrillis(?) and Le Pineda where waterpark/dolpin show is.

We stayed in Salou which we loved. We had tagged along into a group of the in-laws' holiday and personally I felt it was a place I would not have gone to but it was brillant. Excellent restaurant called the Oriental Express there. Market day in Bonavista on Sunday morning excellent €5 return on the public bus(€15 with Budget Travel). Inlaws did barcelona day and night tour but wreaked after it. Too far to go. Hope this helps.

Back