Tarmacadam

Ned_ie

Hi all

Has anyone heard of West Cork Tarmacadam? They dropped in a card yesterday to my house and estimated the cost of doing the drive. I'm just wondering how reputable they are? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I'd generally avoid anyone who advertises by this means. If they were good, they'd surely get enough word of mouth recommendations to keep them busy.
Leo

I'd generally avoid anyone who advertises by this means. If they were good, they'd surely get enough word of mouth recommendations to keep them busy.
Leo

Really? So because they advertise like this they must not be any good?! Do they have a permanent place of business? Perhaps thay are trying to drum up new business? I wouldn't rule them out just because of this.

Does the card have a Land line or just a mobile number? Just a mobile number is not a great sign. Does the company have an office/address? Maybe if you call to their office and ask for some references you would initially see what kind of setup they are.

A land line is not always a guarantee of traceability either. As mentioned on AAM previously, some of these are using call forwarding services, so are as elusive as those who just give mobile numbers.
Leo

Correct! They shouldn't be condemned because of their advertising methods but Leo is right to express caution. It's a traditional area for scammers. Don't use them without seeing their work and not recent work either. A neighbour of mine was persuaded to take a 'load of tar which was left over in the truck'. It looked lovely for about a month and then the weeds broke through....

BTW I need to say that it wasn't the outfit you mentioned.

Last edited:
you have these travellers going round doing this type of work ,and they are experts at buttering the tarmac, id avoid them like the plague i seen enough of their work in my day

Thats kinda what I was thinking about. Oh well - we'll have to wait till next year I guess

Back