Taps?

MAJJ

Hi Folks,

We are getting our taps replaced to freshen things up a bit in our 'new' 30 year home. We are looking for taps for - small basin, normal basin, shower mixer and kitchen mixer.

I have two questions that you may be able to help me with:

1) Can anyone recommend a place in Dublin with a good selection of taps?
Wasted time ruling out Woodies, B&Q and Atlantic Homecare. Chadwicks in Sandyford were pretty poor too.

2) The type we like are the old fashioned ones but they come with a bath/shower mixer in the 'telephone' style where the shower head sits on a cradle. These we just don't like - does anyone know if the cradle can be removed and the shower house attached to the mixer.

Oh and to make matters worse the plumber is coming tomorrow! He's a friend of a friend so I don't have the chance to seek his advice on the above!

Thanks,
MAJJ

Heritage Bathrooms do a nice range of traditional style bathroom fittings and these should be available from Brooks, Chadwicks etc. Their warehouse is in Ballycoolin, dublin 15 but I don't know if this is trade only or not. You should also check out a dedicated plumbers merchant like Davies or Heatmerchants.

Homebase did an oldfashioned tap that I liked, a victorian type with a wide spout called Trinity but they were selling them off as discontinued stock a couple of months ago so I'm not sure if you could still get them.

Hey Carpenter/Ribena - thanks for your replies. I'll try and do the rounds this afternoon.

Cheers,
MAJJ