Tanager recalculates arrears and stops legal action

girlonamission

Hi All, I am new and one of 30 who got letters (though I suspect there are more of us out there!). Can anyone advise on a financial person to take my previous statements to? I have no idea what any of it means. I engaged a solicitor a number of years ago for advice but they have never responded to them. When I phoned regarding the letter received, I asked about the payments made to my solicitor as a result of their constant threat of court and they said they would reimburse them. My solicitor requested that they also make an offer of compensation for stress caused but as I say, they haven't responded. Should I go ahead and get reimbursed for the fees to my solicitor to date anyway?? No sign of the letter that was promised explaining my repayments. I only received a statement for 2017

There is nothing you can do until you hear from Tanager.

Maybe the Central Bank will tell them what to do.

Brendan

Hi Again, how do I find out what my original interest rate was, when I was with Bank of Scotland. I have misplaced the original agreement (really long story!) and my solicitor does not seem to have a copy.

Also, no letter as yet from Tanager as promised at the beginning of January.

Thanks

Apparently a letter was issued to me on 23rd of Feb explaining my revised payments but I never received it. They are sending it out again this evening. I hope it has something new in it and not the standard casestudy examples which I already received before Christmas. I will keep you all posted.

I received a statement of my payments from Tanager, dated back to when I first took out my mortgage with BOS. I still don't understand it. I also got notification of my revised montly payment and confirmation of zero arrears balance. Honestly, I am so confused. While it takes the pressure off, I am however, left wondering how they can put so much pressure on for so long, and then suddenly report that they 'changed the way they calculate my payments'. I don't get what has happened. Has anyone else received correspondents?

Last edited:
I received a statement of my payments from Tanager, dated back to when I first took out my mortgage with BOS. I still don't understand it. I also got notification of my revised montly payment and confirmation of zero arrears balance. Honestly, I am so confused. While it takes the pressure off, I am however, left wondering how they can put so much pressure on for so long, and then suddenly report that they 'changed the way they calculate my payments'. I don't get what has happened. Has anyone else received correspondents?

Had they started legal proceedings against you ?

Had they started legal proceedings against you ?
Hi, no. Just continious threats to do so.."with our litigation department" etc, even when I was paying over the montly requirement for some time. My revised statement did not include the interests rates applicable.

Hi, I am also with Tanager. In February I received a letter informing me about changes in calculations of repayments and a letter with exact amounts was promised by the end of March but never arrived. I contacted them yesterday and apparently, according to their records, it had been posted on 29 March. Strange how "accidentally" a few of us who are with Tanager never got those follow up letters in the first place.

Back