Tallboy Chest of Drawers

dino

Hi,
I just moved into a new house and I'm trying to source furniture. I have a nice beech effect wardrobe in my bedroom and I need to get some more storage. I would like to get a chest of drawers but the area that I need it to fit into is only 49cm because it is between the wall and the chimney breast. I have seen a few tallboy chests that look nice and I was wondering if anyone knows of a shop or company that carries these. Alternatively, I would be interested if anyone knows of a company who make custom size bedroom furniture.

Thanks,

D

Hi Dino, I bought a 50cm wide tallboy from Habitat on Suffolk St. its called ikebana and made from oak. You should check out the website

If you're going to Habitat, pop into Living quarters on Sth Great Georges st. also.

I was just going to say Living Quarters. They make them to order in Kilkenny or somewhere. Decent prices.

What kind of price would you be looking at for a tallboy/standard chest if drawers? I badly need something, cannot go on hanging up everything I own!

I find Argos alright for that type of stuff, I've bought solid wood drawers from them before and they are very durable. I'm having the same problem in my new house - there's a stupid vent where in my eyes an extra wardrobe should be so I've earmarked this to slot in :

The good thing about them is you can stain them or paint them whatever colour you want, good value too.

Thank lmd, I had a similar argos one before but the bases kept falling throughh as they are not solid wood. Can anyone recommend a reasonable one with solid wood bases?

Try the following site. I have purchased beds from them and I can recommend them. They mostly do teak and mahogany though.

[broken link removed]

J

Thanks jidy, I actually got my corner group from these earlier in the year. Would also highly recommend them. Seems to be just garden furniture in teak though and I'm not really into mahogany. But thanks anyway. :)

Back