Taking Rashers to France!!

cosy

I have a mate working in France and will be visiting soon, he is a builder and really misses his Lyons tea bags and more importantly his "rasher sandwich". No problem with the tea bags but can i bring him a few rashers, I think he is missing the "jumbo breakfast roll".

Thanks

Re: Taking Rashers to Fance!!

go to your butcher and assk him to vac-pack some rashers or the exact amount you want to take with you.this machine simply takes all air from the bag thus enhancing the life of the product

I think the OP is asking more whether you're allowed bring rashers or other meat products. If so, the answer is yes. But you wouldn't be allowed bring them back into Ireland — even if they're Irish. :rolleyes:

Hi,

is there ever a check in Dublin airport for people bringing back meat from other countries.
For example, a friend went to spain and brought back a whole serrano ham in her suitcase - about 2 feet long, legbone and hoof included, and no-one said anything. I would have thought having a dismembered pig in her suitcase would have raised alarms, but no.

If she'd been caught, her jamón would have been confiscated and she could have been fined. I guess the customs have more exciting/dangerous contraband to catch people smuggling in — including for example a certain species of mushroom, from now on...;)

I believe that it's the Department of Food and Agriculture that are responsible for policing the importation of foreign foods. I think you are encouraged to contact them and not vice versa.

I thought that he was talking about his bum (left):

brc80s_scity425x250.jpg

Was that picture from Strumpet City? If it was, do you know if it was issued on DVD?

Hi Bill,

A quick search of Google gives [broken link removed] for a DVD on Strumpet City. You may get it cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks Sueellen, looks like a great site.
I reread the book recently and the photo Clubman had matched my mental picture of Rashers Tierney to the life.

BillK

Back