Taking money to New Zealand

squirrel

Hi all going to New Zealand on a working holiday what is the best way to take money over....cash or can one use a Irish debit card over there. All advice welcome...

It is very quick and easy to open an account in New Zealand, and once you do that you can transfer money from your Irish bank.
They are very switched on to using debit cards, rather than cash, but always take some cash in case electronics hit problems.

Thank you what is the best bank in NZ where there is not too many bank charges! What type bank account would i need to open there

Hi,

I've heard good things about kiwibank in terms of fees. Only issue is that you may find you can't transfer money out of the country to a euro bank account at this stage. I have an ANZ bank account for when I'm home, and the fees are pretty high. I think it was a couple of dollars to withdraw money from another banks' atm, which is something you should watch out for.

I'd suggest you check with your Irish bank before you go what the daily withdrawal limit is from ATMs over there. I discovered that I couldn't take out more than about €100 worth of NZ$. A bit of a pain, so if staying for any length of time then a local bank account sounds favourite.

thanks for info... I want to take over nzd with me too..... where is the best place to change euros ( without to much commission)

Back