taking ex to court property dispute

X

xbox

just looking for thoughts on this currently with solictor and have to make up my mind whether is issue proceedings, have joint mortgage with ex partner not married, I am making full mortgage payments for past six months, I have asked ex to sign his interest in property over to me he is refusing to do so, houses in area are up for sale some over a year ago the house is approx 60,000 in negative equity. I really want to keep house on my two children they not my exs children from a previous relationship are settled in school in area and close to work for me. I applied to bank for mortgage was refused, they said would look at my application again if I get it in writing from my ex if he would sign his interest in property over to me. My ex wants house sold even if we get an offer which I doubt we will I know it wont be enough for him and he will be a nightmare. So do I take him to court I know the costs will be huge and It may not go my way as judge could just order sale, like to hear anyones thoughts thank you

sounds like you need some one to mediate for you, rather than the courts.

If you are still talking can you not get a 3rd party involved,

surely if the house is sold and he is left with a 30k dept this is of no benefit to you or him. I assume he hopes to get more out of it? or what is the reason he wants to sell it to any one but you? are you wanting him to take on that dept as well as sign it over to you?

If he agrees to sign it over can you afford the payments on your own?

Will the bank lend to you?

he impossible to deal with, tried my best to sort it out with him. think the reason he wants to sell it is he doesnt want me to have the house, I the innocent one he broke the relationship up by having an affair think just bitter he got caught out.I am willing to take on his negative equity if he signs over. I am paying full mortgage payments on my own since the split he wont contribute. the bank refused me the mortgage but will look at me again if I get written consent from him from him he will sign over his interest, at my wits end with it all. just want resolved solictor saying court is the next step. Thoughts of it is killing me but I would do anything to keep my home.