taking diabetes stuff thru airport security at Dublin Airport

bond-007

Do you need a medical cert to take diabetes meds thru security? I mean lancets tablets and meters etc?

If by lancets, you mean needle like objects, Yes. As a general rule, its wise to bring prescription/doctors letter for meds as customs at the other end may suspect controlled substances.

Diabetic friend of mine travels regularly through the airport with all her stuff and has rarely (if ever, I'd need to double check) been stopped.

But better to be safe than sorry and have documentation to prove you are diabetic with you I suppose.

bond-007 said:
Do you need a medical cert to take diabetes meds thru security? I mean lancets tablets and meters etc?

doctors letter as far as i know... but best to check with airport... no point gettings there and been turned back/arrested....

For what it's worth, my husband has diabetes and has never been stopped (carrying lancets etc). To be honest, we've never even thought about it. I suppose it's wise to bring a doctor's cert or similar, but I would think it would be a very rare thing for someone not to be allowed bring lancets on board.

If you mean this stuff........

[broken link removed]

Hardly a threat to to public safety!

But then better to be safe than sorry with airport security.

Some general advise and tips from