Systemlink

lfcjfc

Currently researching heating/DHW systems for a new build and came across a website for these guys (www.systemlink.ie). The site is vey informative but the various calculators on there gave me some serious food for thought.

Firsty, their budget calculator (which they note is only approximate) gives me a quote of about €32k inc vat for the sort of system I had in mind - solar panels for DHW, UFH on ground and first floor fired by condensing oil boiler. This was for a 260sqm house and included their Systemlink zoned system. Now, my knowledge in this area is limited to what I've picked up here and on similar sites but this seems a lot more that I expected. Would anybody more knowledgeable folks out there know if this sort of figure is in the right ball-park?

Secondly, they have what appears to be a useful cost comparison calculator on the site that compares the running costs associated with different heat systems - oil boiler vs gas boiler vs ground pump vs air pump. I ran a comparison for my house and found a saving of €2k per year for geothermal pump vs oil (didnt specify condensing or not). Given that the same site specifies a cost of about €14k more for the geo system above condensing oil boiler, this is payback period of about 7yrs - does this sound plausible?

Has anybody had any experience with these guys? As I say the site looks very professional and informative but I hadnt come across any mention of them before.

Hi,
I am just coming across your post now, was not a member of aam until recently.
We have used Systemlink for supply of underfloor heating pipe, and are currently considering buying a heat pump they supply.
We found them very informative and helpful, and an excellent service so far.

give your plans in to heatmerchants and they will quote you for the ufh and give you an itemised breakdown of costs . mine cost about 3k for about 1600 sq.ft /6 zones. so double that +1500 for condensing boiler +3000 for 2 solar panels +1000 for twincoil cylinder + maybe 3000 for misc joints,pipe etc.
thats about 14k and 2 guys should be able to put the lot in in a couple of weeks so worst case scenario is well under 20k all in.
32 is a rip-off

Back