System Restore

rheinie

I am trying to use system restore on my machine but when I click on the system restore icon all that comes up is a blank page any ideas on what might be my problem thanks

Do not use this it can cause more problems, We had an expert in our job and he said never use the restore option,

I have used it a few times, funnily enough to rollback after problems with a Microsoft update. If you click on Start / Support and Help/ and type in Restore Wizard it will give you instuctions on how to create a restore point in WinXP and another option to roll the system back to a previous restore point. I make a point of creating Restore points when my system in working on a monthly basis.

oulu said:
Do not use this it can cause more problems, We had an expert in our job and he said never use the restore option,
Some expert! The System Restore function is a useful resource in rolling back from an inoperable configuration to a previously known good setup. To rule it out in any or all circumstances is idiotic.

ClubMan said:
Some expert! The System Restore function is a useful resource in rolling back from an inoperable configuration to a previously known good setup. To rule it out in any or all circumstances is idiotic.

Couldn't agree more - it has saved my bacon on more than one occassion, most notably on XP service pack 2. As for the original problem mentioned in the first post, I haven't the foggiest, but do not be put off using system restore by the other messages here.

M

Thanks for replys have used the system restore to sort out problems before but this time when I click on the system restore I just get a blank page and the same problem with search files function its as if the functions have dissapered from windows could this be possible .I am trying to restore system to a date when I know all of the functions were all working properly