Symbol in kitchen of apartment plans

ciara_gmail

If anyone can help me with this, it would be much appreciated. A couple of weeks ago, we received detailed plans of the apartment we have purchased. In the kitchen, I can clearly see hob and sink - on the far side of the kitchen (opposite counter to sink), there is a symbol which I'm not familiar with - rectangle with an X through it - can anyone tell me what this is?

I've looked on a tool called Smart Draw on which you can plan your rooms but the symbol is read-only unless you purchase the full version.

Many thanks!

Actually Clubman has probably twigged it, if it's say 600x 600mm (to scale) it may represent a dishwasher/ fridge or washing machine location. 600mm at 1: 50 scale will actually measure 12mm on plan or 6mm at 1: 100 scale.

Actually I hadn't thought it all the way through - I was working my way in baby steps! :D

ciara_gmail,

i bought a product at the self build show in kildare at the weekend and i'm having great fun with it.... its called model rooms - basically gives you walls, windows and furniture for kitchen, bathrooms, living rooms, bedrooms and allows you to plan your rooms. items are to scale so gives a realistic idea of room sizes. we are currently planning a new build and i have found it very difficult to visualise room sizes etc. found this a very useful toy, can photocopy your rooms etc so great for planning colours etc. website is [broken link removed]
* i have no association with web site.*

Back