Sycamore Place, Togher, Cork

Mel

Does anybody know anything about this location?
I know the Clashduv/Glasheen end, but haven't been in the Togher end in a while and don't know the address off-hand.
I'm thinking of looking at a house that is for sale there, certainly ex-council, any opinions on the area would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi ya

Area is definitely council houses. Like all areas there are some very nice people and some very dodgy people there.

Houses arent big All Terraced some with a side entrance Small kitchen cum dining room with separte sitting room
3 bedrooms upstairs of an OK size
Small Garden at the back and might have a smaller garden to the front

Area around 5-10 minutes walk from shops doctor dentist church and around 10 minute drive from Wilton

HI,
i currently reside in the people's free republic of Togher and i can't fault it.I even live in a private house.
it depnds what you want from it.It is central and on a bus route,near good schools both primary and secondary,the Lough,pubs and you can easily walk to Sycamore place from town in under 30 minutes(the hill up Barracks street is a killer).Wilton would be about 15 minutes walk and there is god access to the South link and the hospitals as well.3 minute walk to Lidl and the TSB bank and credit union.
i have been in a few of the Sycamore place houses over the years and they are tight but some i have seen have had great things done to them and in time the price will go up ,especially as the kids grow up and move out.
let me know if u want to know more

Thanks both of you.
I know the area in general as i lived in Summerstown for a while, and my son even went to Glasheen BNS for a year. I'm just wondering which part exactly of Togher the place is, as I know some are nicer than others.
Would this be part of the shortcut from the glasheen road down to the clashduv road for example?
I rang a friend earlier whose husband is a guard and he reckoned that Sycamore Place would be 'rough enough'. Now, I wouldnt' be a snob (and beggars cant be choosers) but if there was a very anti-social aspect to the particular estate then this would obviously put me off.
For example, would Sycamore be similar in feel to the houses that surround the Lidl shop / face onto the lower clashduv road at the junction with the togher road?
This is a 2-bed property, but it is end of terrace, so i would hope for potential to extend to side or rear.
The latest offer is around 227 so teh agent says, so it may even be beyond my reach already anyway.

hi Mel,
i am 99% sure it's one of the roads around Lidl and if not it is one of the roads that is back to back with the lidl ones...it's a good price for a house at the moment but if you don't like there,there are a lot more coming on stream in Togher over the next year,houses apartment's and smaller town houses,i don't know exactly when but there are some under construction at the traffic lights by the TSB bank and then as you head out to togher church there will be a new development of 75 houses/apartments and there is currently building on the corner nxt to the pharmacy and 4 or 6 houses some guyn is building in his garden on tramore road...and those are just for starters.
hope this helps

Go to : [broken link removed] and scroll to the bottom of the page. Its at the very end of the left hand tile!

Thanks everyone!
Got my brother to drive in there last night, he wasn't keen to get out of the car :rolleyes:
He says it's overlooked by the flats on the Togher road, so i might leave it go this time.
Thanks for all the info on the new developments therave!

Back