Swords Village

S

Sammia

Hi All,

I'm in the very early stages of considering buying in Swords Village, close to the Castle. Can anyone give me any information on this area?

I have a very young child, so obviously safety is a priority.

Any info appreciated!

The village is well policed and there's plenty of people around day and evening. However, there's a lot of traffic too so it wouldn't be an area to let kids play on the street. On North St, there's occasional noise when the nightclub (Velvet) finishes up, Wednesdays seem to be the worst night but it wouldn't be every week. Obviously the village is best part of Swords for public transport because all the local buses go through it on their way to town and the privately run Swords Express goes from outside Penneys.

Thanks Purpeller,

Well I guess I'm pretty happy with that then, My daughter stays with her Dad on a Wednesday & I'm young enough to be one of the late leavers from Velvet on my night off!

I've heard bad things about the traffic around here, can anyone contribute? I'd be leaving the house at about 7 every morning & would be getting back to the Swords are about 7/ 7:30 in the evening. What's traffic like around these times?

its not too bad at all around those times, you are missing heavy school and work traffic by then

I'm young enough to be one of the late leavers from Velvet on my night off!

How does a 16 year old get their own house?

Nah, seriously, Swords is great. What area "close" to the castle are you moving to?