Switching to Halifax current a/c

D

dscanlon

Hey all,

99% ready to switch from AIB to Halifax (prepared to live with no Laser), but just have a few questions about switching the credit card as well. I read somewhere on the forums that Halifax online banking isn't great at detailing individual credit card transactions, is this still true? Also, just wondering if it's possible to close my AIB current account but still use the online banking to manage my AIB credit card?

Appreciate any and all responses,

Dave

Up to 3 months ago approx, when I cancelled my Halifax Visa CC, there was no itemised recent transactions available online. Only details about current balance, credit limit, last payment etc.

Personally, I find the Visa Debit issued by Halifax much better than laser. Accepted all over the world anywhere Visa is accepted. No/reduced charges on many internet sites where CC surcharges are imposed.

As for using AIB to continue to manage your AIB CC I do not know. But I currently use BOIs online banking to manage my BOI CC only since I closed my current account with them.

As far as I know other banks do not accept payments for Halifax CC.
I am set to switch to Halifax from start of April. I'll let you know how it goes.
+ 1 on thier debit card being way better than laser.

I switched from AIB to Halifax two months ago and can 100% recommend it. Service is excellent and branches are open on Saturday mornings. Changing from AIB was easy and looked after by dedicated switching team at Halifax. So pleased with the service I've also switched to their Visa credit card. (current offer - 0% int for first 6 months/or €100 lodged to your account after first transaction). Its also quite nice to see the bit of interest going into the current account each month! No hesitation recommending them!

Hi Dave,
Would recommend switching to Halifax, I switched from Ulster Bank at the beginning of the year and have had no problems with them.

I asked about online facility for my credit card and they told me that they hope to have this in operation by September of this year.

Finished that switch from PTSB today . Everything went perfect & Halifax couldn't be more helpful (Which is more than can be said for PTSB)
Would strongly recommend it.