switching to diesel-advice please

eveanne

Hi Folks,
I'm currently driving an Opel Corsa which used to do me just fine. However I've recently changed jobs and with that & the commute I'm now covering anywhere between 450-500 miles per week. So I think Diesel is the way to go... Would anyone have any suggestions as to the best buy out there at the moment? I'd be looking at a budget of €10-12k.
Thanks in advance

Second hand Octavia would be well within that budget and cover that distance comfortably and economically.

hi there.

my sister has a peugeot 307 its only a 1.4 diesel she does a lot of driving to a from work. she loves this car, it is very comfortable aswell and she can get up to 600 miles with €50 diesel. the other engine it comes in is a 2litre i think. I know the new ones start in a 1.6 but if your lookinf for sumthing in that price bracket i would say a 307. I know there have been lots of stories about them but my sister has never had any trouble with hers. there out since the end of 2001, id say you would get a great deal on one but shop around. I am picking up a new one nxt week from my local dealer i cant wait. hth

I had a VW Bora 1.9 TDi 2001 and that was great on juice and alot of power ! I have recently got a Passat 1.9 Tdi 2003 and so far so good !

Second hand Octavia. I have the "ambiente" model (2002), 1.9 TDI. Great car, I also do about 450-500 miles a week and am only spending about 40 euro on diesel every 7 or 8 days. Getting about 63 miles to the gallon on long trips, that comes down to about 45-55 for city driving. Great value too, I only paid 7.5k for mine (with a trade in Focus 99, 135 k miles on the clock!). So probably would have got it for 9k without the trade in.

Back