switching phone providers

city girl

Hi all. I am about to switch to BT after years of misguided loyalty to Eircom. I have a couple of questions and hope you can help me.

1) I am now in the throes of completing the online order form for the talk and broadband package (dont currently have BB) and I have hit a bump with a few questions, namely - quantity of PCMCIA cards required and quantity of USB cards required. What are they and do I indeed require them?!! My operating system is windows xp pro and I do not intend to use games etc just web browsing and email.
2) Is it going to be a case of frying pans and fire if I choose BT over eircom or other providers? Their package seems very good but have others found this to be the case?

City girl,

I have just switched from Eircom ISDN to BT Talk and Broadband 2MB which includes free connection.
Because I don't need a wireless connection I didn't go for any PCMCIA cards.I've been told PCMCIA is to do with wireless and USB is for older computers which don't have a USB connection(not 100%-needs clarification). I too have Windows XP and my bb is fine without any.

Who knows what the future holds.I did think about upgrading to broadband with Eircom considering what happened with SMART etc but I couldn't resist BT's package.
I've only had one bill so far but it was all in order.Bit confusing as they only billed me for two month's worth of broadband (as my line hadn't transferred over yet).But then off that I got the free connection and also as I got an on-line bill that saved me €2.50 per month.

I realise its still very early days and theres a good few people voicing against BT but I'm a satisfied customer so far!

Hope its of help

Half Scot

Thanks a lot for your reply, Half Scot. Going to go ahead and order now. Fingers crossed!