Switching off sensors when setting house alarm

Thelip

Hi there

I have an Aritech alarm in my house, but I only know how to switch it on or off, and no instruction book (alarm installed by previous owners). My problem is I have a cat that I keep indoors during the day and the said cat sets off the alarm during the day. Is there a way of disenabling the particular sensors in the areas that the cat sets off. I'd contact the fitter of the alarm if I knew who it was.

Many thanks in advance.

i think most alarm u can omit the sensor, 0#7 in my case.

check the quick reference on the control panel.should be there.

Thanks Polo. Thanks for the advice. You've just reminded me of another problem I have with the alarm... no control panel (seems to have snapped off). Will try out what you say.

You can disable on a zone by zone basis, si it depends on how the system was connected. If you have the model number it should be easy to look up the manual.
Leo

we had the same problem. No manual or instrutions left by previous owner.

Google the manufacturer name and see if you can find a supplier who will forward you a manual.

You will need to know what number eash zone is, and the manual will not tell you this.

What we did was set the alarm and then open and cose doors so the alarm panel would tell is which zone was activated... ie living room zone 3. then right down the number of each zone.

once you then have the manual, you will be able to part arm leaving some zones unset.

thanks for the advice. Molly has pointed out another little snag!!! I've looked and looked and there is no model number listed on the alarm. Only that it was manufactured to certain standards. Anyway, I hope my neighbours won't mind me playing around with all the zones tonight!!

The model won't be on the key pad, but on the alarm box itself. Aritech generally have this printed on the box.

Aritech, and many other have a facility to show open zones without the need to arm the alarm. With Aritech, press the down arrow twice. Have someone else move in front of each of the motion sensors, open windows & doors in turn to identify with zone they are in.
Leo

Press 0#*and then enter the zone numbers of the zones you wish to inhibit.

Back