Switching line rental

bluetoff

I am thinking of switching my line rental from Eircom, however at the beginning of April I got my bill and the next two months rental is on it, so if I change now is that money I paid in anyway refundable if I don't use the full two months rental with Eircom, or is it just down the drain.

Is eircom line rental charged in advance? I thought that it was charged in arrears?

I switched from Eircom about two years ago and got a refund on the rental already paid. It was a long time coming but it did eventually. Think I wrote in about the refund.

I switched from eircom last November and (eventually) got a refund...though they overlapped their line rental with BT for a week which I didn't get back!

I switched from Eircom back in late January. I was expecting a refund as I was on a package (line rental and calls) but when the final bill arrived a few weeks later I still owed them over €80. When I rang about it I was told that as I had cancelled in the middle of the 2 monthly billing period I still had to pay the full cost of the 2 monthly package.

I have since sent a letter off and I await my cheque (wont be holding my breath though).

I switched from Eircom back in late January. I was expecting a refund as I was on a package (line rental and calls) but when the final bill arrived a few weeks later I still owed them over €80. When I rang about it I was told that as I had cancelled in the middle of the 2 monthly billing period I still had to pay the full cost of the 2 monthly package.

I have since sent a letter off and I await my cheque (wont be holding my breath though).
What do the terms & conditions of your agreement with them state about such issues?

What do the terms & conditions of your agreement with them state about such issues?
I will have to locate the document that I signed back in early Nov. last and then get the magnifying glass out for the small print.

In the letter I sent them I accused them of being in breach of the agreement so in one way Im hoping that they will reply referring to condition no. xxxxx and that saves me the trouble of trawling though it.

I switched from Eircom (basic line rental + calls, no bundle) to BT last year. It was straight forward and I got my final bill (including a refund check for line rental paid in advance) around two months later. I suspect the wait for the refund was simply related to their bimonthly bill cycle. On a separate note, I know some AAMers have had problems with BT billing, I must say that my three BT bills so for have been spot on.

Back