Switching Lender??

D

dcc

Thinking of switching my lender to get better rates etc....every time I get to speak to someone in any of the customer service depts in any of the main lenders they don't have a clue.

Can anyone suggest people they've dealt with doing this??

Thanks

DCC

For the best rates on offer see the best buys link . Some lenders subsidise or subsume the cost of remortgaging with them (e.g. Ulster Bank for one as far as I recall) on condition that you stick with them for c. 5 years (if you don't you have to pay them back). If you can't afford the time/hassle of shopping around independently then maybe you should try a broker. REA have attracted favourable comment here from some people who have used them. I personally would recommend that you might also try Liam Ferguson as I have found him very good for other (non mortgage) business. There are probably many other brokers that you could also try if necessary.

NIB has the cheapest treacker rate at 2.79% (LTV < 60%), but only make a contribution towards legal fess (€600 I think which won't go far with Irish solicitors). NIB don't pay brokers commission so you won't hear to much about this deal.

Ulster are next best at 2.85% (LTV < 60%), but use American First to insure the title is OK, which solicitors don't seem to happy about as they don't get the same remuneration! SOB SOB!

Did you try prima finance,if I Re-mortgage with them I pay no legal fees....seems to good to be true!

Is this 'too good to be true'??Has anyone changed lenders through Prima Finance??