Switching from VHI

gc2006

Hi all - well it's nearly time for me to renew my policy with VHI and they are looking for €900 for my Plan B+ Options. I've read quite a few of the other posts on this, but some are a bit older and wanted to get a more up to date feedback off people.

I'm thinking of going to either Hibernian I2 with the Day-to-day 50 on it. I've compared the 2 and they both look quite alike.

The saving is quite a bit - just wondering if anyone can give a reason not to make this switch?

Cheers

I had moved from VHI to Hibernian/Vivas (to save money) and have subsequently moved back due to poor customer service, which I will outline below:

Over a period of 6 months I attempted on several occasions to obtain information regarding a claim via the Hibernian/Vivas telephone customer service advisors. Before the procedure was carried out I phoned to check if cover was available for the procedure and where I should have it carried out. The "advisor" did or could not clarify whether or not it would be covered, but did assure me that I could go ahead with the procedure and claim it back afterward. I asked her if there was some form I needed and was told that there was not and that claims are carried out over the phone. After other unfruitful attempts to clear up this matter, on my last phone call to them the "advisor" took some of the details for my claim and said that he would call me back as soon as he had spoken to another department on my behalf. However, to date I am still waiting for this return call. About a month later I wrote a letter, to which they never responded.

I was very annoyed by the whole experience. If the procedure was not covered by them I would have accepted this but Hibernian seemed incapable of giving me a straight answer as to whether or not it was. Needless to say I did not renew my policy with them.

I have just moved from VHI to Hibernian as much cheaper - no experience yet if they are any better.

get what you're saying - my concern is that I'd be switching to save 200 euro, but then if something did go wrong, suddently you're in trouble. For example I went in for a day procedure 2 years ago, nothing serioius, but bill including scans / consultant etc was 1200+. VHI covered that at source in the hospital, worried that even if something like that happened and there was a problem, suddenly a LOT of 200 euros are gone yknow?

mind you from what I can see - did a side by side on the 2 policys and Hibernian does look as good if not better. Get what you're saying about the claim though, worth weighing up too!

Back