Switching from oil boiler to rock bore ground collector

ted

I'm thinking of switching from my oil boiler (firebird 120 circa 800 euro) to a rock bore ground collector. The house is early ready to move in to and I've underfloor throughout. I realise now the boiler is not as efficient as a combi condensing so would it be a good idea to cut my losses and sell off the boiler as nearly new (300 l burned) and install a heat pump.The boiler is located in the garage 7m from the house - site is on rock (should I be concerned about vibration from the rock bore affecting the building) and what grants are available for this - can't find the info or link from the sei.i homepage.Any comments/suggestions appreciated.

I,m afraid there isn't much demand in second hand boilers, it could actually be a recycling problem to get rid of it.
First you should use the numbers provided by your UFH installer and see how much energy you need. Then decide.
I was in B&Q two days ago and saw a combi condensing boiler for as little as €575.- , running on gas, Sedbuk "A" rating.
Check the SEI page as well for the geothermal map of Ireland and see if you're in a "good" zone.
I tried the SEI page as well and had a link for the subsidies.Try again.

Hi Heinbloed. Not really concerned about the oil burner. I'm not close to a gas main so would need a gas tank. Would this be viable.