Switching Current Account

pudds

Ulster bank will give me €150 if I switch my account from EBS to them.
Before doing this can I open a 2nd EBS account as I want to stay with them for a couple of reason's.

I've checked out the T & C's of the Ulster Bank a/c and they suit me fine.

If yes will I have to explain why I want a second account and when they see my original account being switched later could this cause any hassle for me.

Before doing this can I open a 2nd EBS account

I'm no expert but I doubt very much that you can open a 2nd Current Account within the same EBS branch. A Current Account is classed as a persons "Main Account" and as part of the T & C's the holder usually has to pay their salary into the account each month.

Ulster bank will give me €150 if I switch my account from EBS to them

As part of the T & C's the account holder has to pay their salary into the account each month for a minimum period of 18 months. If this is not carried out Ulster Bank will debit your account €150. You may already know this but I just thought I'd point it out anyway.

I'm aware of the 18mth but it sounds good to me, €150

My EBS which is not a bank, and does not have "current accounts" but do have savings accounts and I have there basic a/c called Instant access" but can pay my bills through direct debit and no charges. Details:

Instant Access - minimum balance €1

Our Instant Access account allows you to save while having instant access to your money.

Features

• No fees or charges
  • Funds available on demand
  • Minimum balance €1
  • Tiered interest rates - higher balances earn higher rates
  • Pay your EBS mortgage from this account
  • Choice of passbook or ATM card
Ulster Bank said they could switch this to them and I'd get the €150 (assistant manager) just wondering is he pulling a fast one on me, just to tell me later that my EBS is not accepted as a "current account" he was very anxious to nab me, but I made no final decision till tomorrow.

Why would you close the original EBS account? Just leave some money in it if you want to keep an account with them.

That's what I did when I switched to Halifax last year - so if the demutualisation train ever reaches the EBS station, I'll be there, account book in hand!!

Why would you close the original EBS account? Just leave some money in it if you want to keep an account with them.

That's what I did when I switched to Halifax last year - so if the demutualisation train ever reaches the EBS station, I'll be there, account book in hand!!

sorry I just assumed that everything switched including any cash balance, and a/c closed,

that's brilliant thanks for that.

Back