Switching Credit Cards

horusd

I recently asked ( and was refused) an increase in credit limit fro p/tsb my main bank. I have a nominal credit amount (€3500). I pay it off in full every month, and I always have. The reason I asked for an increase was for convenience on a planned holiday. No reason was given by p/tsb although they did assure me they would phone me after I applied. I was just issued with the standard letter declining the increase. I complained 2 the local manager not so much about the refusal, but the method of refusal and the failure 2 make the promised call. Never heard anything back. From looking at applications online 4 credit cards, it looks like u have 2 apply first, before u know what the limit will be. Am I right in this? Is there a way of asking for credit limit amount without going thro the hoops of an application? Anyone experienced in this area?

Most, if not all, card issuers will only decide on the limit when your application has been approved.

Some cards, e.g. the UB Zinc Mastercard offer a minimum credit limit (in the case of the UB card it's €5000). There's usually criteria such as a minimum salary in order to qualify but it might be an option for you

Thanks all. I don't want 2 go thro hassle of "applying" if it's not what I want. I have an a/c with ulster tho, so I might check em out and see if they can give me an answer b 4 they issue the card.

Back