Switch to who?

Zane99

I’m in a BOI fixed rate until September this year at 3%.

The last time I checked my breakage fee was only a few euro.

House is worth €240000 to €250000 and I owe €130500.

Can any body give me advice on if I should switch and who to go to?

Much appreciated.

With only €130k , 2% is €2,600 , so the €3,000 from KBC looks like the best option.

Their mortgage rate is 2.5% for one or two year fixed.

Second best is probably Ulster Bank - €1,500 cash back and 2.3% fixed for 2 years.

So apply for mortgage approval to both and maybe to AIB for good measure. AIB has been the best for low variable rates which they pass on automatically to existing customers. So they might be the best long-term bet as you won't gain much from switching a second time.

It's possible that one of these might change their rates before you do the actual switch, so by applying to all three you keep your options open.

Brendan

With only €130k , 2% is €2,600 , so the €3,000 from KBC looks like the best option.

Their mortgage rate is 2.5% for one or two year fixed.

Second best is probably Ulster Bank - €1,500 cash back and 2.3% fixed for 2 years.

So apply for mortgage approval to both and maybe to AIB for good measure. AIB has been the best for low variable rates which they pass on automatically to existing customers. So they might be the best long-term bet as you won't gain much from switching a second time.

It's possible that one of these might change their rates before you do the actual switch, so by applying to all three you keep your options open.

Brendan

Hi Brendan. Do you not have to be an existing customer with KBC to get the 2.5% is it not 2.7% for new customers.

Brendan/Red
I have 103,000 left on my Mortgage with PTSB on a variable @ 3.7% for 17yrs. I have all my accounts with PTSB, Current, savings, Credit Card etc.
There is no value to be had from them on any of these items at the moment.

If you were me would you move everything to KBC.

Mortgage - 2.5%
Current account - Free
Savings Account - 2%
Credit Card - Is there any point in moving this to KBC?.

Would you fix for 1 or 2 years @ 2.5
Would you fix for 3 @ 2.55
Or would you go all out and fix for 5 @ 2.6

Appreciate your take on this.

@Niall-1980
If you go KBC, I'd go for their 5 year rate. No point going to KBC unless you move current account as well, you'd save 200 interest in first year.

Credit card doesn't really matter - find best rate if you ever leave balance in it. Its a bit of a pain to avoid paying stamp duty twice when you switch!

@Niall-1980
If you go KBC, I'd go for their 5 year rate. No point going to KBC unless you move current account as well, you'd save 200 interest in first year.

Credit card doesn't really matter - find best rate if you ever leave balance in it. Its a bit of a pain to avoid paying stamp duty twice when you switch!

Well Red my Credit Card is always cleared immediately after I use it. Do I even need the fecking thing?. Only thing is I do a bit of Traveling.

@Niall-1980

I was thinking initially of going to Ulster to fix for 2 years @ 2.3 but you reckon that variables might have gone back up in 2 years time so I thought it would be best to fix for longer and get the 3,000 from KBC also

Back