Switch KBC>PTSB>BOI>AIB

misemoi

Currently fixed with KBC until Oct-19. Mortgage will be approx. 145k by then. Planning to do one final bunch of switches! PTSB assuming they will take a 1 year history, then onto BOI, then landing at variable with AIB (LTV <50%).

The reason we are planning to end at AIB variable is the level of overpayment we can make. Even with KBC and UB overpayment on their fixed rates, it's not as much as we'd like. We've already gotten the EBS cashback on the same property so can't do that again.

The triple switch should net 3800 approx. after fees. Straight back into the mortgage so it's the equivalent of a bonus of quadruple that (after tax plus interest savings).

Or should I accelerate this, get the break fee from KBC now in case the cashback offers end? Any other thoughts?

No such thing as a silly question! No, the cashback doesn't dictate the mortgage type. I've switched three times already and moved to a variable for two of those.

Excellent news @misemoi!

I am currently with KBC @ 3% var. This is my plan: KBC>PTSB>BOI>EBS>Back to KBC. It's a rough plan so might change (might include UB here also but haven't reviewed them fully yet).
Has anyone ended up back with their original source lender after switching multiple times and if so did they experience any issues from the original lender - in my case this will be KBC.

Back