Swimming goggles that don't leak - where to find?

Carmel

I have bought 2 pairs of speedo goggles and they both leak. They were the most expensive ones in Lifestyle Sports.

Can someone tell me is where to find a really good pair that won't leak. I wear contact lenses so its important that I can trust my goggles when I'm swimming.

Any info appreciated.

C

Never buy goggles in a sealed package - you have to try the suction test, ie - without using the strap - take the goggles and squeeze them on to your face a small amount - the suction should hold them on for a short while. If it doesnt - or only one eye - look at a different type. Dont buy them.

Also make sure that, if you have long hair, that some hair is not trapped between your goggles and your face - this will cause leakage.

I wear contacts too and have a pair of speedo 'futura legend' goggles they may go by a different name now cos they are about 4 years old but never had any problems with them. Think they cost around €18

I wear contacts too and have a pair of speedo 'futura legend' goggles they may go by a different name now cos they are about 4 years old but never had any problems with them. Think they cost around €18
I bought prescription swimming googles on the web from a company in Canada. They are brilliant. These would be alot better then wearing your contact lens while swimming. I think they cost about €15 in total including a cleaning spray and a case. I dont have the website address with me at the moment but I will post it later.

I also wear contact lenses and find that goggles with an adjustable nose bridge fit far better. Sometimes these are in the Junior ranges, but they still fit better!

Aquablades are your only man. Used to have the same problem all the time no matter what goggles I bought. Maybe I've a funny shaped head or something but I've never looked back since I got aquablades.

You can get them in Ireland but I just ordered them from this Australian company http://aquashop.com.au/index.php?cPath=36_60
Check out pictures 7 and 8 on the web page above. Delivery was reasonably fast as well.

I wear speedo mirror goggles bought from [broken link removed] in the UK. I've never had such a good pair of goggles. I use to go insane with leaks - in fact I blame years of clorinated water in my eyes for the fact that I need to wear contacts today!

For a list of online swimwear retailers, see here.

Godfrey goggles are your only man.

I have used them throughout my career and never any probs with them.

[broken link removed]

those silicone/rubber sealed goggles freak the hell out of me I prefer the foamed cushioned one - anyone know a good pair i could buy?!?!

Never buy goggles in a sealed package - you have to try the suction test, ie - without using the strap - take the goggles and squeeze them on to your face a small amount - the suction should hold them on for a short while. .

Don't know if I'd fancy buying gogglles that someone has tried on before me.......eye infections spring to mind/

Don't know if I'd fancy buying gogglles that someone has tried on before me.......eye infections spring to mind/

Hasn't happened to me yet. Least the goggles fit - and then dont let water in from a swimming pool that could also cause eye problems! I wasted more money on goggles that dont fit. This is the only real test!