Swedex Wooden Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

arasain

Hi,
We're down to two suppliers for the windows of our new self build. Swedex are the better price but I'd like to see some installations and comments / experience of someone who's gone with them.
I'm in the Galway area but the Sales guy wasn't able to give me local reference sites. I'm willing to travel as it's a big investment (25K)

Thanks in advance

I went to see their windows in Cork (from Cork myself) through their sales guy. Nice windows really liked the colour\stain. They do not have many places in Cork and we would not be able to see these windows up close only for the sales guy. However, their lead times were too long so I went with www.carlson.ie. as their lead times were 5.5 weeks (within a day).

I suggest insist on meeting a sales guy that will show you them. I was in the same dilema with Carlson so I went to Dublin to visit their showroom.

On Carlson. Service was fantastic. If you require something out of the ordinary. (in my case large cladding) they are not willing to help but if you require normal windows and doors then they are well worth a shout. (10year warranty)

Hi arasain,

We recently got a 4 metre french Door installation done by Swedex and the quality is fantastic. I would suggest that you arrange to come to Dublin some day and get in touch with their Sales people who could tell you of any new houses they are installing that wouldn't mind you dropping in for a look. I was in their distribution centre and could see their products which were superb in quality. - Most of them were destined to one off builds around dublin/wicklow.

Thanks Folks,
Looks like I'll be going to their showroom/workshop. I wonder why they're not that common? They're 20% cheaper than similar suppliers and lead time is quoted at 8 weeks which is not bad

posting this here as it is not directly related to their receivership or bankruptcy, but the company as a whole.

... Swedex ... windows are made by an Estonian Company called Aru Grupp.

very misleading company name. if true and if they hadn't gone bankrupt i would make a complaint against them to the Consumers' Association of Ireland and the Swedish Embassy in Dublin for being so misleading, as a Swede i am not impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swedex have gone into liquidation but they are supposed to be honouring their existing orders so as not to cause nationwide panic.

According to some callers to the Joe Duffy show to-day, some employees, and suppliers are not too optimistic about getting any money owed them by this company.

Status
Not open for further replies.