Suzuki Jimny

aislingkelly

Hi I am thinking off buying an 06 jimny and i am looking for some advice first before i make the decision,are they hard on petrol? are they reliable?etc...
Any advice appreciated as soon as possible Thanks xx

Hi Aisling

I bought an 02 1.3 jimny Two years ago. I get approx 250 miles to a full tank. I got it because i wanted something "fun" had driven VW's before and was fed up being boring. How wrong was I. After the initial new car joy i started to notice how noisey the jimny was, both road noise and internal rattles. Unless you are driving on a completely flat road you will be jostled around like a rag doll. Cornering at speed is a no-no and surprise surprise resale / trade in value is dreadful which is why i have held onto it for as long as I have

Am planning on getting rid of it as soon as I can and will be returning to a boring VW or Toyota.

I must also say that a friend of mine has a Jimny and loves it. However the only place she drives it is up and down the m1. I cut across country on back roads which really makes the difference.

We hired one of these on holiday and it definately wouldnt be a vehicle I would buy, for the same reasons given above. Cornering at any speed was taking your life in your hands and it seemed so light-weight and didnt make me feel very safe. Although if you were using it for going up and down the main road it might be ok.. Petrol use was good though.

But i really want one everyone.They're soo cute!!Would be an '06 be ok, like it will be brand new. Has anybody anything nice to say about them

Aisling,

Thats exactly why I bought mine. Hoever the cuteness factor very very quickly wears off, especially as everytime you go around a corner you feel as though you are going to turn over!!!!

Ok so ur advice is just dont get one?Is there any other small fairly cheap jeeps you would recommend?

Get a second hand 3 door, toyota RAV4. They look the berries! The VVTi engine is very economical. Rock solid residuals as well.

yeah agree with the RAV4. if i was going to go the jeep route again thats what i would go for.

Ditto Rav 4. Got one for the wife....she loves it to bits. I've been impressed with it's road handling and build quality.

Thanks for the advice everbody Iv looked at Rav4 also but they are a bit expensive,I have a 06 peugeot 206 so dont want to jump backwards too many years anyway

Aisling,

why not drop a few years, spend the money you would have spent on a brand new car and let someone else take the hit on depreciation. you get a lot more your money. I know its lovely to be driving around in a brand new car but at this time of the year its only going to be 06 for a couple more months.

if you are dead set on a brand new car at least wait till Jan and get an 07.

Well like the prob is I already have an 06 peugeot 206 so my problem is having an 06 then having to go back in years,if u know what I mean

Is it really a problem? it's only a number. What really matters is the car you're driving. For instance you may have a 206 in 06 reg...but that is now being replaced by the 207. Prospective second hand buyers for the 206 aren't now really gonna look too hard at the year of the car...more the price, milage and service history. If for instance you went for a Rav 4 which was a little older, not only would you not have depreciation to worry about, but you are also pretty much a high quality product which will not likely give you any problems. Toyota's relaibility record is legendary and look up the JD power car owners survey for recent years, the Rav 4 has been highly rated. You probably also have a alot of choices with different spec to choose from for much the same price. Only my view, you may not agree.

Ya I suppose ur right sunster, how much should I expect to pay for a 03ish Rav4 then?I know I priced a 04 Rav4 last week and it was e25,995 which was very steep i think

have you tried - there are 53 Rav4 listed there 2002 /2003 ranging in price location and mileage.

Aisling
Horses for courses. I found my wife a 02 5door Rav4 full spec for just short of €19000. Only 27000 miles with full service hx, hence I wasnt concerned of the year of the car. She loves it and her friends do too. Keep an eye out as the good ones do go quite quickly as they are desirable. Personally I'd buy this rather than buy a new Kia sportage or Tucson

Hi there,

My friend bought a brand new silver Suzuki Jimmy in 2003... She loves the car and has never had any problems with it. She actually has this car up for sale at the moment.... she's now thinking about buying a hyundia coupe.

If your interested I can pass on the detials to you...

I would'nt recommend buying a new car of any description they generally depreciate too quickly.

Back