Sutton Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM26

Any feedback on Sutton Park? My husband and I really like the look of a house there and I would love to hear on any opinions on the area with regard amenities, schools etc.

Thanks !

Sutton Park is a lovely area, no probs. There are is a local primary school and a number of good secondary schools around. Lovely coastal walks and nextdoor to dart dtation. There is also a lovely community of people living here. Good Luck.

Brighid, thanks so much for your response. Great to hear such positive feedback. Going to see the house saturday, looking forward to it!

Good Luck, it is the place to buy if u can afford it. There are a few properties for sale around here so if you dont get the one you are looking for there are others. You wont regret it.

Brighid, we went to walk around the area last night. It was a lovely summers evening and there was plenty of people about and it had a really nice atmosphere. Couldnt believe how close DART and coast was which are great benefits and I loved the small green areas closeby.

I was hoping though that you might be able to be frank and tell me of any negative points in the area as we are moving for location reasons and although first impressions were great we want to be completely aware of all pros and cons before buying.

One thing that was a pity was the shopping area with spar, it seemed quite run down and looked like it could attract undesirables. Also the train station is quite close to the house which is great in one way but could also be an attraction for groups of young people. I suppose I would appreciate if you or anyone could highlight any cons or concerns about the area so that we can know them upfront.

Thanks for any help.

Hi LM, there really isent any great crime here. I am living here the past 15 years and I am not aware of any major issues. The shopping centre is run down and for the past 2/3 years there have been moves to upgrade but it involved taking over the existing car park and building apartments. There was pandamonium over it , loads of meetings about it and legal advice etc. (People around take alot of pride in their area and they dont tolerate stuff). It fell through and to by quite honest I think it is forgotten about at the moment no money! Foriegn students hang around the shopping Centre but no trouble there is security on the door that keeps an eye (we are all very laid back here)I do believe that undesirables probably hang around the dart at night, although I have never seen them but there were new glass shelters put in place and over night they were vandalised. I am not aware of any houses broken into. Honestly you have nothing to worry about. I lived in other areas and I am so happy here, I wouldnt dream of leaving it.

I have sent you a PM. If any more questions dont hesitate to ask. Hopefully u will get more replies from others here!

I am closing this thread - we are getting the keys for our house in Sutton Park this week Thanks Brighid for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.