Sutton or Baldoyle or Bayside

dishwasher

Please tell me if I "officially" live in sutton, baldoyle or bayside.
Baldoyle Road, near the Elphin pub.

Have been told on many occasions that it is not proper sutton. Also been told baldoyle only starts once you cross the dart tracks. And I have no idea where bayside starts and ends.

It is a great place to live - I just want to be able to say the right suburb!!

i am orginally from bayside and my parents address is XX Alden Road/Park/Drive, Sutton, Dublin 13. Always thought it was very funny. My neighbours use XX Alden Road/Park/Drive, KIlbarrack, Dublin 13!

I have never seen anybody use bayside in their address. I think bayside is in an area known as "mid-sutton"

I think you are in baldoyle!

ps. bayside ends in sutton park, i believe, but the real bayside houses are around the square etc. i.e. bayside boulvard etc. Houses around "Bayside School" are not really bayside (like my parents) but use sutton in their address.

basically sutton has a good name and so is one of these areas that has expanded massively while areas with not so good names -kilbarrack for example- have shrunk to the bare minimum around the dart station

Thanks for your replies. it is interesting. I think it probably is Baldoyle too as going by the parish seems sensible as this at least has proper borders!!

You would not be Bayside.
I bought a house close by and all the legal documents and Toms directory said Sutton.
An Post say Baldoyle so that is what I use.
The Elphin
http://www.elphin.ie/
use Sutton.
Bayside should be Bayside Kilbarrack Dublin 13 not Bayside Sutton Dublin 13