Suspicious e-mail

Jenny_H

Just a warning to all of you about a suspicious e-mail that I received from a realiable source.

I recently received an e-mail from “name"@ accor-hotles. com. I opened the mail as I recognised the company as I dealt with them before. The main body of the mail was encouraging me to visit what I thought to be an adult site. I deleted the mail immediately and I would like to warn others of the possibility of receiving a similar mail.

was it "accor-hotles" or "accor-hotels"?

Any chance this was an employee (not an automated service) who sent you this e-mail by mistake? (i.e. they though they were sending it to a friend)?

CC,

I deleted the mail but I think it was hotels (I just mistyped the addy) and it was a female name but yes it could have been a member of staff emailing one of her friends but I wouldn't think so.

Anyway I was just warning u all, I wasn't really offended by the mail just annoyed that I opened it.

Jenny_H said:
CC,

I deleted the mail but I think it was hotels (I just mistyped the addy) and it was a female name but yes it could have been a member of staff emailing one of her friends but I wouldn't think so.

Anyway I was just warning u all, I wasn't really offended by the mail just annoyed that I opened it.

Just checking-I have used Accor Hotels myself in the past.

there could also be

A: a virus on the machine sending the emails
B: the mail server could be used as relay server
C: you could have a virus on your machine which is reading your address book

I would probally let the company know as they may not know that they are sending suspicious emails

Back