Surrrond Sound System in Apartment

birdy

I recently bought a one bed room apartment, due to move in about 4 weeks, however when having a look at it last week, noticed there were 4 holes in the ceiling with cables & one near the ntl point with the cables. Asked what the situation was and was told this was the surround sound system, ( this was in the brochure, but had forgotten).

My problem is that I do not have a music system that would benifit from this and have no itention of getting one.

How do I go about " covering up " these unsightly holes. While I appreciate some people would love to have this, I have no interest in music and cann't ever see myself using it

Is it as simple as pushing the cales into the holes and a bit of polyfilla or did I miss something?

Can you get the builder to install cover plates or better yet proper speaker connection terminals?

definately go down the road of the cover plates, or will coving hide them?
having your app pre wired for surround sound sounds great. u may want to hook it up yourself one day or if ur selling the buyers will love the idea!

Cover plates sound exatly what I need, will have a look into it. Kseire, never thought that it could be a selling point in the future.

Hi Birdy, please note that you can edit previous posts to correct typos, etc. I have deleted the first attempt at your latest input.
Leo