Surround Sound System

horse

Hi Folks,
I'm currently installing a 5.1 Surround Sound System in my house and was wondering can anyone recommend a good DVD to test same.
Regards,
Horse.

Hi Folks,
I'm currently installing a 5.1 Surround Sound System in my house and was wondering can anyone recommend a good DVD to test same.
Regards,
Horse.

Star Wars Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace

I think the scene with the Pod Racing in particular has some good sound effects
to check out your Surround Sound System. I remember seeing it on a very good
audio/visual setup and being impressed, even though I don't like the movie itself!

saving private ryan - the opening sequence, you'll be ducking from the bullets behind you

Master and Commander has to be one of the best for surround. Particularly the opening scene below decks with all the ship noises. The battle scenes are spectacular.

If you have any DVDs that are in THX, the setup menu will have the THX Optimiser. Always fun to run the sub-woofer crossover test! We can hear glasses rattling in our kitchen if we run it! I'm sure the neighbours can too though .

apparently Monsters Inc is supposedly one of the best for surround sound

Useless, unless your system is THX certified.

Most systems run DTS nowadays so i would suggest any action movie recorded in DTS like already posted - Master and Commander

i have to say saving private ryan,the opening scene is incredible....

If you have any DVDs that are in THX, the setup menu will have the THX Optimiser. Always fun to run the sub-woofer crossover test! We can hear glasses rattling in our kitchen if we run it! I'm sure the neighbours can too though .
Useless, unless your system is THX certified.

Not true, actually. The THX Optimiser is a cheap and useful way of optimising any TV / AV system.

See [broken link removed], cnet or THX.